Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Sacrifice and Priorities

Hoping to write through the interesting feelings and thoughts that I fell through today.

Somewhat a discussion of expectations, but also the idea that no one knows better how another person should live their life. I know not what someone else will do when faced with a choice that addresses their priorities. I know what I expect from people that want to be in my life. I also know that some people are worth the investment of time and love before their actions match what the unhurt version of themselves would do. The unhurt version, the version that we see when we are children, doesn't know the walls. Doesn't stop throwing love out there, because the unhurt version knows we won't run out.

And how do we get back to a place where wishes come true because we pour every ounce of love and feeling and this moment into them.

Superman sacrificed love and friendships to be who he was. But what happens to the woman in love with superman. He will never love her back. Because she can't see his mind, where he says he loves her, but only his actions, where he chooses other things over her.

It is the energy of a system... The time commitment required for excellence. I have not found a passion that I would sacrifice a partnership for. The right partnership flourishes with time investments in other interests. Something to talk about. Something to share.

I guess I'm speaking of balance. And how my balance may not match someone else's. And possibly how relationships are about finding someone who will give the amount of time that you require to feel prioritized. It could be an hour, or a week, whatever matches the needs or the second party. And how cheating might be giving your time to the wrong person. Time and energy invested in the wrong place.

Or maybe if we just get tired enough our hearts just find somewhere to rest eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home