Thursday, January 14, 2010

Today, I ate like a Queen...

Today, without really realizing it until I sat down to a super yummy dessert, I came to the conclusion that I ate extremely well. Without just listing things that you may or may not know anything about, here are some of the highlights, starting with the dessert that brought me to this appreciation for my day:

Cinnamon Raisin Mochi - This is a rice cake thing, that when baked or fried, puffs up, softens on the inside and gets crispy on the outside. I cut my big piece into little bite sized pieces and fried it up, tossing it in the stainless steel pan like I was an Iron Chef, even though I had no idea if I was doing this right... fake it 'till you make it seems to be a big theme in my life right now. I then drizzled (that word makes it seem like my house is a fancy restaraunt, doesn't it) some brown rice syrup over the whole mess and ZOUNDS, this vegan thing is introducing me to all sorts of amazingness. I will for sure try making waffles with this stuff, because that is what it reminds me of. NEXT,

Breakfast Cookie - That's right, beer now has a challenger for best breakfast ever! I discovered Vega, a protein powder/magic concoction of everything that vegans are often missing a bit of, and went on the hunt for a way to make it not a grainy version of what I'm pretty sure Count Chocula would throw up if he got food poisoning. I found this breakfast cookie recipe that is supposed to sit in the fridge overnight, but as impatient as I am, it was in there for about 30 minutes. It was; 1/3 cup oatmeal, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, 1 package chocolate Vega powder, 1/4 cup rice milk, all mixed and squished into cookie form.

Cross this all with my magical coleslaw and some sweet potatoe fries, and you have my day in the life of a queen... that is, if Queens get to play with a dog and a cat in the morning, sweat hard at spin for an hour at lunch, play with kids for two hours and call it work, and go for a run and a swim in the evening. Life is hard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home