Monday, January 04, 2010

Day... something or other...

It is snowing, so I am making soup. I don't really measure when I make soup, but it has
-chick peas
-white beans
-veggie stock
-leeks
-miso paste
-water
-flax seeds

Yeah. It is simmering as I type, so unless I write another blog about my epic failure, I am going to assume that the smell is enough to foreshadow its yumminess.

The sugar thing is still pretty rough, but it is getting easier all the time. My brain wanders into the freezer for some icecream, but I have lost two pounds already and just think of how much easier running is going to be when I lose a few more. Edge to edge marathon, here I come!

I have also realized that my eating habits rarely had to do with real hunger. I am not hungry very often... like real, grumbly, getting angry at the world hungry. I am often trying to fill a sugar low with a high, and with the absence of highs I can really feel actual hunger versus cravings.

My last meat and cheese were last Thursday... still not missing those little guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home