Sunday, January 03, 2010

Can you imagine being a drug addict?

I am jonesing for sugar. I once again have about a teaspoon of brown sugar syrup on my oatmeal, but the grand total of ingredients in that fantastic stuff is: BROWN RICE, WATER.
Needless to say, good for my new plan, bad for a system that has a lifetime of ODing on straight up refined white sugar!

I have a bit of a headache, and slept a bit longer than I usually would have, but I feel like the energy that I do have is, as silly as it sounds, a bit 'purer.' Like I'm using a higher octane fuel. The lack of meat and dairy hasn't really hit me yet as a conscious need or want for them, just the sugar thing. A friend at work had a plate with some pepperoni, some marble cheese, and some pickles on her break, offered me some, and I actually didn't really even WANT anything but a pickle. And it was super yummy!

The hope is that the change in diet will ixnay the headaches thing, as those have been a constant companion on and off for months. Lame.

So I tried a couple more things yesterday...

HUMMUS
-2ish cups of chick peas, smashed up into a paste
-herb and garlic seasoning
-2ish Tbsp vegenaise (I love this stuff. LOVE)
Smoosh.

SUSHI
Fish are friends, so these were random fillings i had around
-Nori sheets (seaweed wrap for sushi rolls)
-Brown rice
-hummus from above
-leeks, cut into long strips

Put nori on a piece of wax paper or a sushi roller. Put rice on about 1/2 to 2/3 of the nori sheet. Put filling near the rice end. Roll. Slice with a wet knife, cleaning it as you go. I made a hummus version and a leek version. YUM.

ROASTED CHICK PEAS
-enough chick peas to cover a pan
-enough olive oil to cover the peas
-enough spices to cover the oil
MIX to cover. BAKE. I went for about 350C for about an hour. Crispier = better.

Back to being a drug addict...
I WANT SUGAR.

Now that we've cleared that up.

Have a beautiful day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home