Saturday, January 02, 2010

Day three of no meat/no dairy

Hello random followers!

Well I have discovered that brown rice syrup and rice milk are just as yummy with porridge as normal milk and brown sugar would be! AWESOME!

Silverstar was great... there were a couple of "that looks very... healthy..." comments when I re-heated my leftover lunch for dinner, but the fries were a hit. The leftovers in the morning were also apparently a good snack after cross country skiing. I was not crazy enough to partake in said skiing, I stayed in bed and read my book. Next time friends, next time.

Watched AVATAR with Mike last night. Very cool movie. Think a grown up, tricked out version of Fern Gully. Lots of interplay between the rules/loyalties/values of a modern, money, 'progression' oriented world versus one of spirit, connections and nature. I think it is a good time for this movie to come out, as more people start to realize the impact they have. Glad I got to see it, will see about buying it when it comes out. It will be interesting to see if they sell it with an environmental twist of recycled cases, etc. One can hope.

I have also started to use a program from high school called 'Diet Analysis.' It records what you eat to tells you the %s of the things that you need in your diet each day/ averaged over chosen days so I can ensure I am getting everything I need. I thought about the comedy of people trying to convince me that I won't get all the nutrients I need, when really those would probably be the people who are ODing on salt, sugar, fat, and are missing tons of minerals and essential nutrients in their 'normal' diet. I will do what I can to get everything I need... one of those things is taking a B12 supplement. If we didn't wash our veggies quite so well this wouldn't be a problem ;)

I hear my yoga book calling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home