Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Peanut Butter cups and Plastic Addictions

I love chocolate.
And documentaries.

Not necessarily in that order.

So last night I attempted to make some peanut butter cups from Alicia Silverstones "Kind Diet." It was a 50/50 split between delightful success and horrible, horrible failure. They became frozen treats... this was in order to keep them from being a liquid at even fridge temperature. Lessons learned = maple sugar cannot be substituted by maple syrup, read the fricking recipe, don't double recipes the first time you make things, boys will eat just about anything after working out for a couple hours (and rave about how good it is) and that I am surrounded by amazing people who love me just they way I am.
:
The last lesson was learned as a general feeling at the end of my night at work after:
I had been complimented on how all my hard work at the gym was paying off because I looked super strong and smaller,
I had been offered a 'vegan for athletes' cookbook from a friend taking nursing who was impressed that I have started down this road,
I had a bunch of people from my aquafit class tell me they were so happy I was teaching,
I had a member at the Y request me personally for a trainer,
and in general as a byproduct of smiling at everyone... everyone smiles at you ;)

And then this morning I watched 'Addicted to Plastic,' a documentary about how much we use, where it all goes, and people who are working to come up with better solutions than landfills.
Great film, makes you really think about the little things we can do to help, and the big things that people are doing to make this world a better place to live in.

On the books for today?
-find a use for the leftover carob chips in my fridge
-swim a masters workout, then take a spin class, then challenge the treadmill, all with Stacy the amazing
-'work' (aka play in the pool with my adventure club kids)
-Chiropractor at 6 (Lighthousechiro.com)
-watch my other documentary... 'Blue Gold - World water wars'
-brainstorm a date activity for Sunday
-copy out some recipes (I requested a few vegan books, as well as some other things, at my library... it is just my luck that about 5 of them arrived here within a few days of eachother...bah)

I will leave you with this:


Take care of your body with steadfast fidelity. The soul must see through these eyes alone, and if they are dim, the whole world is clouded.
-Goethe

1 Comments:

At 13:47, Blogger Unknown said...

Britt - I am gobsmacked by the quote -Gotta love that Goethe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home