Sunday, October 29, 2006

Don't feel bad..... We had snow too.

Well after the pictures we recieved this morning and two or three emails I thought that I had better write and let you all know that you shouldn't feel bad because we also had snow last night. The picture above this shows the top of the Benmore Range with all of the fun white stuff on top.

I also found that living in New Zealand there is alot to be said for Drip coffee. This is something that alot of North Americans take for granted. I have been around to alot of shops, and people's home's and coffee is either instant coffee, or is an expensive made espresso or long coffee shot. So the other day while waiting for the bank to open we went to a small cafe and I found they had a drip coffee maker. So anyone who knows me would understand my sheer enthusiasm towards the cafe owner for having such a luxurious item. I just had to take a picture of the momentus occasion of my first cup of drip coffee since I left Canada. It's quite amusing actually that the t-shirt Karl bought for me that says "Gimme my Timmies and no one gets hurt" Not a single person understands here. They all ask what a Timmies is.And although I said that we got snow this morning I can't lead you all on any further. The tips of the hills got a bunch of snow but the ground here is still quite green and happy looking. So I hope that the green will bring a bit of a smile to your day.

This morning however was a very nice view. Directly over the airfield was an enormous wave cloud. If you had been trying for a 1000km or 2000km flight and needed an early start it would have been a perfect day for it. this afternoon would be a bit tougher though as there is some blue wave about. Which is wave action without the key lenticulars showing you where to go.

Other than the normal goings on the flying is still a bit slow, but is definetly picking up. I can't wait to use Don Mallinson's LS4 and go play in the wave. He's offered us the use of his glider whenever we would like.

Love you all, miss you lots

2 Comments:

At 22:09, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Britt hi from lorne and Marj.

 
At 08:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning, sweetie;
Tell Ryan we sympathize with the coffee situation. I know about instant coffee from many of my guests. Couldn't believe they would prefer instant!
Cold & snowy here again today and our beautiful weeping birch has finally lost all of it's leaves so the back yard is looking a little forlorn.
Do you celebrate Halloween in NZ? Maybe you should dress up & go trick or treating just for fun!
Love you and miss you.
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home